Monday, June 07, 2010

Notes from the Other side part 3

Let the "buyer" decide how old the "seller" looks.

I recently did a casting, where one of the role is looking for actor who can protray the age of 65+

An actor who is in his 50s submitted to the role.

At the audition, I told him that regardless of his actual age, he can physically passed for the character, and as long as he can deliver the personality that we are looking for, then he'll be fine. After I gave him a couple notes, I finally got a good take of his audition video.

Then he got the callback, and was brought in to read for the producer and the director the following week.

As soon as he's done with his reading, he went up to the producer, and argued that he felt he's too young for the role.

At the end of the day, when I review the actors with my client, he was the first person we elimate.

My client said "I don't like him. He didn't want to be here."


To the actor:

If you doubt that you can play the charactor, why did you submit to the breakdown at first place?

The reason you got a callback, is because my client thought you did a good job in your audition tape. By questioning and challenging my client's decision to meet you in person, you  insulted the production team.   

No comments: