Monday, September 24, 2007

Gaining through Losing (and vice versa)

The bummer thing, for the featured role that I was casted over a year ago, for the indie feature film "Around" - the role needed to be replaced due to a last minute schedule change. What was planned as an over-night shoot became a morning shoot. Due to my day job, I couldn't commit to the call time.

I have read the entire script, I have high-lighted my lines, I have prepare wardrobe for the role - and at the end, I will couldn't participate in the film.

Maybe it's meant to be.

If you're interested in the role and able to spean any types of Chinese dialogue, please send your headshot and resume to: jason_shahinfar@hotmail.com

*sigh*

On the other hand, I'm currently involved in an (art) short film called "Sean and Marta." Directed and produced by Sength. The film require me to dress almost-to-nothing. At first, I was feeling a lot of pressure, because I have been pretty out of shape since the beginning of July. I didn't workout and excercise as often. Plus that I got a puppy last month, I have been spending a lot of time with him.

Last week, I reduced the amount of food that I eat and started to do a lot of light-weight excercise and yoga. (It's hard to gain muscle in less than a week. So, toning up is the next best thing)

We shot the 'nudity' scene last Friday. It went pretty well, considered the fact I only had soup for lunch/dinner. On Saturday, I pigged out. I had teriyaki chicken with rice, then dumplings, noodles, and cakes. Later that night, I got an email from Sengthe, it turned out that there are more 'nudity' shoots need to be done. I freaked out. I couldn't believe I pigged out like that.

Now I'm getting back in eating healthy and smaller portion through out the day... So I won't look like a Chinese sausage on film.

Upcoming Projects:

* Minor Role in "Snakehead" - Shoot start in October, 2007.
* "Poppin' In" (Group Hug Films) - Shoot start in October/November, 2007.
* "Fail-Safe" pending shoot date in October, 2007.
* Life Style Photoshoot in November, 2007.

No comments: