Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A year in the Making

Yeah, I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before.... But back in 2005/2006, I worked on a student action film called "The Setup."

There are been a lot of changes and problems we encounter during pre-production, but neverless. We were able to pick up pieces, re-arrange the script, and completed the shoot. Now, the Director finally finished editing the footage and uploaded them online.

There are scenes shot in the winter of 2005, and then scenes shot in Spring/Summer/Fall 2006. So don't be surprise if you see my hair changed from Short to Long and back to Short. (It's always easy for the GIRLS - they just have to tie their hair up and then they looked the same. My hair grows F A S T.)




Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 Part 1
Chapter 6 Part 2
Chapter 7
Chapter 8


To be honest, I didn't like my acting too much in the film, at least, in the scene shot in 2005. (Compare Chpater 3 to Chapter 8, You will see a difference). I didn't have enough experience under my belt, and I wasn't committed to the role, and to the scene.

So, watch the movie for it's entertainment value, not for MY acting. (Julie Jei protrayed the character Yumiko in the film... She was sooooooo good and dedicated to the production)

Seriously, I have met so many cool people in the production, and some I still keep in close contact with. :)

Right now, I'm aiming to do more theatre projects before the end of this year. (If I'm lucky, I might be able to do two shows!) Tonight, I have an audition for The Tale of the Black Veil 6. (I know, it does sounds like a Erotica Reading, isn't it?) But I did a little research and found some online videos of the past show. It's actually a collection of monologues/scenes/1-Acts involving characters who are Vampires, or those who are their Lovers/Victums/Supporters/Hunters. Very interesting. I know for sure, that I will have fun doing to cold-reads with them. I have never done a Vampire-character piece before.... So, we'll see.

*** Got offered a small (but fun) role for the short film "SEXTREMITIES" (Deidre Britter Dir.) - Production date TBD....

No comments: